March 1, 2010

How to...drop down menu

How to make a blogroll or link party Drop Down Menu
I've gotten a few questions on how we added our simple drop down menu instead of a long list of link parties, so for all you link lovers here it is.

<form name="jump">
<p align="center">
<select name="menu">
<option value="http://missmustardseed.blogspot.com/">Miss Mustard Seed</option>
<option value="http://cottageinstincts.blogspot.com/">Cottage Instincts</option>
<option value="http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/">Between Naps on the Porch</option>
</select>
<input type="button" onClick="location=document.jump.menu.options[document.jump.menu.selectedIndex].value;" value="GO">
</p>
</form>

Instructions:
1. Copy and paste the code into notepad
2. Replace Bold type with your link address and Yellow type with your link title or blog name.
3. Copy your new code and paste into add html widget or blog post 


Tips:
If you're having trouble double check that your email addresses look exactly like mine: no www 
No extra spaces in code, everything has to be together.
 You can add as many links as you want, simply copy and paste extra lines of code
<option value="YourLinkHere/">LinkName</option>

It should look like this:


3 comments:

  1. I love techy tutorials because I'm so impaired in that department!
    ☺ Celeste

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing this! I always see cool stuff on other people's sites and just figure they're miles beyond my capabilities. This I think I can do! I linked to this on my weekly roundup - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm finally doing this! YAY!!

    Thanks y'all.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...