May 2, 2010

Ode to Oatmeal

Ode to Oatmeal

Oatmeal. Oatmeal.
What can I say,
You are the best way to start my day.
You're delicious, you're creamy and
oh so yummy!
With one small bowl, you fill my tummy.
Covered with blackberries and nuts from our tree,
Drizzled with honey and 2 Tbs. of cream,
Protien, iron, fiber and vitamin E.
I love you Oatmeal.
This is your jubilee!


Our Basic Oatmeal Recipe
1 cup milk
1 cup water
dash of salt
1 2/3 cups old fashioned oats

Toppings
A little drizzle of cream
Another drizzle of honey
A spattering of fresh blackberries
And a crunched up handful of walnuts

Bring water, milk and salt to a slight boil.  Add oats and stir.  Then reduce heat stirring occasionally for 2-3 minutes till oats are cooked.  Dish the oatmeal and add your toppings. 
Then serve while it's hot.  Cause Matt speaks the truth when he says,
"It aint no good cold."

Linking up to
Share a Spoon
by

Think Tank Momma


3 comments:

  1. Yum! My oatmeal never turns out right, but I only use water. I'll have to try adding milk.

    I saw your Dax post on in Reader, but when I clicked on it, it was gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm...that looks so much better than our instant crap.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those fresh blackberries and the nuts look amazing! I love blackberries! We used to pick them wild when I was a kid and make homemade blackberry ice cream. It was such a fun summer treat!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...