November 3, 2010

Christmas Ornaments

When I was little I used to lay underneath the Christmas tree at night, looking up at all the lights and ornaments. My mom collected a new unique ornament each year, so our tree had lots of different styles and lots of color. I love that each ornament had a story of it's own, a reminder of our family vacation to Disneyland, sent to us by a family friend across the country, purchased on my parents first wedding anniversary, or the year I was born.

The first Christmas my husband and I were married I bought a pineapple glass ornament because we went to Hawaii for our honeymoon. I hope to carry on the tradition of collecting a new ornament each year, when I get enough I will have a beautiful tree like my moms. Here are a few ideas and ones that I love.
-Amy

2 comments:

  1. We do this, too. I started it in my first apartment as a way to have at least one nice ornament on the tree and it evolved into a representation of my year. Last year was a piano because both sons started lessons. This year will be a kitchen item of some sort because we survived a lengthy and unexpected kitchen remodel. We have a great time deciding what to get and shopping for it together. It's been 18 years and I love getting this box out every season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww...those dog bones are precious! We have something similar on our tree for our two dogs we had to put down a few years ago. Still makes me misty-eyed whenever Christmas rolls around and we put them up.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...